Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A running Walkthrough the Palace

In italics are cues or clues. Answers are at the bottom, but I'm going to attempt excluding the exact items and put into words, describing character's images and actions, merely what I see by creating a fantasy-based coming-home story and combining it with the real home I've come to know. All while roughly keeping within the confines of the palace's layout.

I'm in the front driveway. One muse has scored a touchdown. Claudia Schiffer is cheering for the winner from the dug-out gravel pit which has been replaced a large bowl of curds. She's trying to tug at the winner's dancing feet. Also on the opposite end of the yard is a teary muse showing signs of melancholy after that TD (Terpsichore Dance..fyi). It's tragic so her mother comes down from the front stairs wrapping around the southside of the yellow house to console her tearful daughter and welcome me. I hear two dogs barking nonstop from the large second-story window before the elevated porch conceals them. There is an crying fan sympathizing with the muse from the second-story porch. The dogs are going wild, I assume the dogs want the football until there's an abrupt silence then a faint whimper. Megan says, "Don't worry that's just Ashley. Now come on up, I'll introduce you to everyone." We see Simeon Rice in a Lexus eating a sandwich from Schlotzsky's deli. There's a large jar car parked right behind Simeon, who says there are more inside through the open garage, so we go that way and see two brothers grabbing orange juice, they tell us to make sure not to let the dogs or the ADHD kid out, that's Dan, Odie, and Flash. Graham is in the basement jamming on his guitar and to no surprise a pissed Chris is reading poetry on the couch in the corner, the television is static on channel 3. Surprisingly Cedric Daniels is playing pool and he's aggravated and trying to not think too hard about his next shot. I know how he feels. From there we go into my room to get, well, situated, then I see my maroon bible on the bookshelf knowing I've never read it. McNulty bursts through the my curtain 'door' wearing a tie shaped made of a confederate flag, also he's always drunk but he's recovering from a failed marriage and has to cope how he knows. I can't change him because I appreciate his character's structure and the world he comes from. Then I think that I should get an actual door in this place for once, make it a true bunker. I tell McNulty to get out because it would be a good move to go play pool with his boss, he frowns and leaves pouting. Then as the curtain closes and a bursts through the door and tells me, "Just wait, because like totally you know just what's up kind of cool." I say "Epic fail."

More to come...


(Running list: Terpsichore, Melpomene, cottage cheese, Megan the Mother of the Muses, Tearful Tristan, Ashley the Kicker of Puppies, Justice, Simeon, Reuben, Levi, pickled garlic, Judah, Joseph, Zebulun, Issachore, Dan, Cookie, Benjamin, Gad, Grump, Asher, homeostatic, additive not subordinate, aggregative not analytic, empathetic, situated, agonistic, participatory, redundant, conservative, copious, conceptualized, relative to real world, fortitude, prudence, temperance, Patient Parker, the forbidden words...

No comments:

Post a Comment